Optimum protection, development and maintenance of intellectual property (IP) and know-how are of major importance to innovators in keeping a sustainable competitive advantage. Without a good IP strategy, success can be short-lived. Investors also realize this and base their business decisions increasingly more often on the advice of their intellectual property advisor.
The Law Factor helps innovators to create, acquire, protect, develop, and maintain their intellectual property and know-how. Questions we can help you with include:
- Which IP rights are applicable to me?
- What is my IP portfolio worth?
- Does it make sense to patent my invention or is it better to keep it secret?
- What is the best way to protect my technical knowledge if I don’t want to apply for a patent?
- I can license technology from another party. What do I need to pay attention to?
- If I choose to license my new TV format, what needs to be included in the licensing agreement?
- I want to invest in a company. Are the IP rights sufficiently secured?
- Our university wants to support a start-up with technical knowledge and at the same time run research using this knowledge. What is the best model for this?
- My main competitor is exhibiting a machine that infringes our patent at a trade show. Can I pursue this?
- We have heard that a shipment of fake shoes from China is en route to Rotterdam. What can we do to protect our brand?